US Chart Roundup: Ellie Goulding & The Rest Of The Brits
A quick survey of the rest of the Brits in the upper reaches of the chart finds The Wanted back up one to #4 with "Glad You Came", and their boy band rivals One Direction down to #9 with "What Makes You Beautiful." Guess calling Christina Aguilera a bitch has its pluses?
Scottish stud Calvin Harris is at #13 with "Feel So Close," a song he just can't seem to get in the Top 10 (it previously peaked at #12), while Adele's latest single "Rumour Has It" is lodged at #16 for another week. Meanwhile, Calvin and Ne-Yo's "Let's Go" debuts at #89.
As for the the Top 10 itself, the songs remain the same but just shuffle slightly. If you're on Carly Rae Jepsen Watch, she now has a Top 5 hit.
And over on the Top 200 album chart, if you're on Madonna MDNA Death Watch, the LP has dropped out of the Top 40 in its fifth week, and is currently clinging to #45.
Whatever. I still say there are a few jams on there.
The U.S. Top 10:
1. "Somebody That I Used To Know" - Gotye feat. Kimbra *3 weeks*
2. "We Are Young" - fun. feat. Janelle Monae
3. "Payphone" - Maroon 5 feat. Wiz Khalifa
4. "Glad you Came" - The Wanted
5. "Call Me Maybe" - Carly Rae Jepsen
6. "Wild Ones" - Flo Rida feat. Sia
7. "Boyfriend" - Justin Bieber
8. "Starships" - Nicki Minaj
9. "What Makes You Beautiful" - One Direction
10. "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" - Kelly Clarkson