dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pet Shop Boys' Single "Leaving" To Get Full US Release On October 16

Earlier this week Pet Shop Boys premiered their video for second Elysium single "Leaving" — a cheapo affair that edits bits of their recent live-streamed Berlin concert in with black and white shots of people on a train — and now it's been announced that the song will get a full single release in the States.

Three digital bundles for "Leaving" will hit iTunes on October 16, and they'll contain the following:

Digital bundle 1
1. Leaving
2. Hell
3. In his imagination
4. Baby (2003 demo)

Digital bundle 2
Leaving Remixed
1. Leaving (Lost her love remix)
Remixed by Dusty Kid
2. Leaving (Believe in PSB remix)
Remixed by Pet Shop Boys
3. Leaving (demo)

Digital bundle 3
Leaving again
1. Leaving (PSB Side-by-side remix)
Remixed by Pet Shop Boys
2. Leaving (HappySad remix)
Remixed by Andrew Dawson
3. Leaving (PSB Freedom remix)
Remixed by Pet Shop Boys



  • At 12:09 AM, Blogger countpopula said…

    Why is it these days that when an artist simply allows their song to be downloaded for money it's considered a "release"? Think I'll wait for the CD single import to jump into my hands. How people can continue to accept this inferior form of music transmission is beyond me. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but give me something I can truly hold and then we'll talk about what constitutes a release. I think consumers are being duped.

  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger wpmsd said…

    An import CD single costs quite a bit more than a downloaded eSong. For $1.29, if it's even half good the first time I listen to it and I have liked something by the artist before, I'll go ahead and get it.

  • At 11:08 PM, Blogger davis said…

    i completely agree with countpopula. i can't quite get around to thinking of digital "releases" anything worth
    having. i want the physical cd or record to hold in my hands and look at. when i download something (due to lack of any other option) it's like a digital photo..it's just lost in my itunes and unappreciated until i make it a point to burn it to a cd or add it to a compilation etc. i guess i'm hopelessly old-fashioned but i think music was more fun when you had to go find it and buy it and take it home and play with it. just sayin...

  • At 2:53 AM, Anonymous Finn said…

    Well enjoy it while you can, because I'm sure I read somewhere that this will be the last time the boys are able to release a song using some form of physical format. As it is, the boys have paid a lot of there own money to get a physical release out. From now on, any single release will be entirely digital. Is anyone out there able to confirm this as I could have misread this information?


Post a Comment

<< Home