dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It's Kylie Minogue's New Song "Skirt"

Today is Kylie Minogue's 45th birthday — the perfect time for her to drop a new song from her forthcoming album. Below is "Skirt," which was co-written by The-Dream and produced by Nom De Strip.

The first minute or so had me worried. (Warning: there is dubstep.) But the chorus is pretty killer, so it all balances out in my book.



  • At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    Yes. The chorus is decent but it DOES NOT compensate for the trash that constitutes the rest of the song. I have no idea what possessed Kylie to think this was actually anything better than utter rubbish. Can't believe this is the same woman that put out great songs like "Dangerous game", "Get outta my way", and "Love at first sight".

  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger Mike said…

    The way I understood it, this is the "club remix". Hopefully the album version won't have any dub step.

  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger MrNewmoononmonday said…

    I listened to this a few times when it was first released and I listened again just now, and I still feel Kylie deserves better than this...


Post a Comment

<< Home