dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Lady Gaga's "Applause" Single Cover Art: Talk About Scary Monsters

I'll admit it, I'm very excited to hear what Lady Gaga comes up with when she reaches up her Monster snatch and yanks out new single "Applause" on August 19. But, Jesus — does this broad always have to be so derivative?

The "Applause" single artwork premiered last night via WWD, and she had this to say about it:
"It’s the end of the night after the show. When I look at it I see that there is a longing for the applause. I see that there is a void that is leaking onstage, that the performer is leaking, that the art is sort of becoming something else in front of your eyes. Something more human, something more honest."

All I really see is Bowie.

Labels: ,


  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger musicdivaSF said…

    Scary monster indeed.

  • At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    I hate to say this but I never really thought Lady Gaga was THAT original. Frankly, I think she is rehashing what Boy George and Madonna did over 25 years ago.

  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Jonathan said…

    I want to see one project from Lady Gaga that isn't a direct a link to a previous legend.

  • At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I luv Gaga but I wish she and her minions would stop acting like everything she does is groundbreaking and original. I mean she could fart and they would think it's the first fart in the history of mankind.

  • At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    for those who are still not convinced & and who are not informed check out,a couple of her most unforgivable pliagerisms :www;colettetheartist.com ,&the film on vimeo on one of them by Josh Gilbert jan.2011. that went viral on vimeo"looking for Lady Gaga".


Post a Comment

<< Home