US Chart Roundup: Applause, Applause Applause & Summertime, Summertime Sadness
In other words, like "I Gotta Feeling," "Blurred Lines" is now one of those songs that you're likely so absolutely sick of, you won't have an appreciation for it again until it's 18 years from now, when you're feeling nostalgic for the 'teens decade, and "Blurred Lines" comes on some radio station during retro lunch hour or whatever the fuck and you're all, "Ooh, that was my jam! I need to make a playlist of just this song!" And it won't happen a day before then. Because right now "Blurred Lines" is making you want to bayonet your eyes.
This leaves Katy Perry to flounder at #2 for a second week with "Roar," while Lady Gaga inches up closer to her, at #4, with "Applause." Now that scag Miley Cyrus needs to just drop like her thong does at Christmas dinner and we can watch some real Katy vs. Gaga drama play out.
On a final note, Avicii, Lana Del Rey and Cedric Gervais all claim their first Top 10 hits this week as "Wake Me Up!" and Gervais' remix of "Summertime Sadness" move up to #7 and #9, respectively.
The U.S. Top 10:
1. "Blurred Lines" - Robin Thicke feat. T.I. & Pharrell *12 weeks*
2. "Roar" - Katy Perry
3. "We Can't Stop" - Miley Cyrus
4. "Applause" - Lady Gaga
5. "Radioactive" - Imagine Dragons
6. "Holy Grail" - Jay-Z feat. Justin Timberlake
7. "Wake Me Up!" - Avicii
8. "Safe And Sound" - Capital Cities
9. "Summertime Sadness" - Lana Del Rey & Cedric Gervais
10. "Get Lucky" - Daft Punk feat. Pharrell Williams