dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

John Newman's Debut Album 'Tribute' To Get UK Release In October

I've really grown to love 23-year-old Brit John Newman's voice, and not just because he possesses the same hair and soulful crooning qualities of a young Rick Astley (although, come on...).

Since June of 2012, John has topped the UK chart twice — first as a featured vocalist on Rudimental's ravey throwback "Feel The Love"...

...and then earlier this year with his debut single as a main artist, "Love Me Again."

It was announced today that John's debut album Tribute will be released in the UK on October 14. So it's known that Newman co-produced the album (presumably with several other producers?), and that there are 11 tracks. I interviewed Rudimental recently for Idolator and they told me that John will be getting a full launch stateside in the near future.

Below is a trailer for the LP.

And here's new single "Cheating":

And finally, the tracklist for Tribute.

1. Tribute
2. Love Me Again
3. Losing Sleep
4. Easy
5. Try
6. Out Of My Head
7. Cheating
8. Running
9. Gold Dust
10. Goodnight Goodbye
11. All I Need Is You

Labels: ,


  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger John said…

    I've been hearing Newman on Sirius/XM, and if I'm Daniel Merriweather I am probably feeling a bit upset that someone stole my sound. Having said that, "Love Me Again" is a great song to kick off a career with.


Post a Comment

<< Home