dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Monday, September 09, 2013

Lady Gaga Runs Through 'Wizard Of Oz'-Themed Performance Of "Applause" On 'GMA'

Lady Gaga continued to make every pop hag out there irrelevant (though this will all come to and end when The Empress Of Rock And Roll Paris Hilton arrives with new music next month) with her Wizard Of Oz-themed performance of "Applause" on Good Morning America today.

Like at the MTV VMAs last month, Gaga tore through costumes and wigs while singing, but the performance and set seemed much more inspired this time around.



This entire ARTPOP era is resonating with me way more than Born This Way two years ago. That album was like a convoluted, pretentious pile of cack in which only every other song on the album was decent. But now we know there's a reason for that.

Gaga said the following during her GMA interview:
"I think every person in their life goes through so many different things. I was actually going through a hard time during Born This Way. I was kind of insecure. I became a star really quickly and I didn't have time to really put my feet in the ground and have a sense of myself through it all."
Here's her full interview:



So there you go.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home