dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Friday, December 06, 2013

Daft Punk's "Instant Crush" Video Makes Me Want To Cry Like Carrie On 'Homeland'

I'm gonna just come out and say that it's nice to finally see a Daft Punk song without Pharrell on it being promoted. (Actually, I guess "Doin' It Right," my favorite song off the album, was released as a single back in September? I must have missed that.)

With "Instant Crush," The Strokes frontman Julian Casablancas takes on the vocals, and the video features two wax mannequins who fall in love in a museum, only to meet a fiery end. At least it happens while they're together. Which is sad. Fuck.



I feel like there are a lot of these non-real-people-falling-in-love-then-falling-apart music videos doing the rounds, from Ellie Goulding's "Midas Touch" to David Bowie's "Love Is Lost."

This one is no less of a kick in the heart.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home