UK Chart Roundup: Lily Allen's Keane Cover Returns To #1, 'Britney Jean' Is A Disaster
But here were are, back with the UK chart roundup, and Lily Allen's John Lewis department store tie-in single, "Somewhere Only We Know," is back on top. If anything, it reminds me that the first Keane album is quite a masterpiece, and it also depresses me to know that said album, Hopes And Fears, is turning 10 next year.
Speaking of albums, one that nobody is likely to remember fondly a decade from now is Britney Spears' latest set of will.i.am-produced shit jams, Britney Jean. It crashes and burns on the UK album chart at #34, marking her lowest placing there.
All of Disasterney's previous albums charted within the Top 10 in the UK, save for 2003's In The Zone, which made it to #13. But with not a hit to be found at this point on the album, Britney Jean has been flopping left and right, and it's yet to reach the Top 10 in any country.
The UK Top 10:
1. "Somewhere Only We Know" - Lily Allen *2 weeks*
2. "Story Of My Life" - One Direction
3. "Of The Night" - Bastille
4. "Under Control" - Calvin Harris feat. Alesso & Hurts
5. "Let Me Go" - Gary Barlow
6. "The Monster" - Eminem feat. Rihanna
7. "How Long Will I Love You" - Ellie Goulding
8. "Hey Brother" - Avicii
9. "Animals" - Martin Garrix
10. "Do What U Want" - Lady Gaga feat. R. Kelly