dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

It's Kylie Minogue's "Into The Blue": Listen!

Because I was on a little weekend trip away to Philadelphia, the first time I listened to Kylie Minogue's new single "Into The Blue" was on my iPhone this morning. Not the most ideal sound system to take in such elegance, and so I wasn't truly blown away by the first offering from the pop icon's upcoming 12th album until I finally got home this evening and blasted that shit on the ol' Bose.

Quite simply, "Into The Blue" sounds like and instant Kylie classic. It's miles ahead Rita Ora's "How We Do (Party)," which co-writer Kelly Sheehan also had a hand in, and the pop-dance delight thankfully eradicates any bad taste still left in fans' mouths by last year's misfire "Skirt."

My only lament: "Into The Blue" has arrived online a full two months ahead of its March 16 release date, which I feel is more thank likely going to harm its chances at chart success.

What do you think of the song?

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 3:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Safe but fresh - so classic Kylie!

    Sadly the chorus is very similar to Delta Goodrems Sitting on Top of the World, but nobody will know that outside Australia.

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger MrNewmoononmonday said…

    She pulled out the macrame dress, she means business! Yes, this is how I like my Kylie to sound. :)

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is my Kylie. Let's hope the album has the same spirit.

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    Sorry. I thought this was super-boring and pales in comparison to almost everything on "Aphrodite".

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Robbie said…

    Anonymous 1, wow, you're so right. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen, isn't it?

    MrNMOM, very classic single artwork.

    Anonymous 2, I couldn't agree with that sentiment more.

    Pranav, as a whole I really love(d) Aphrodite, but sometimes I find a few of the individual tracks to be a bit ho-hum (especially "Better Than Today" & "Cupid Boy" & "Looking For An Angel"). Hoping for all upbeat Kylie as opposed to generic dance trash, but will.i.am's involvement has me feeling cautious.

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Pranav said…

    I agree that will.i.am's involvement is a reason to be cautious with optimism for the new Kylie material. Please remind me what value he adds to music as a producer...I find him tragically unremarkable.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home