dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Katy B Performs "Crying For No Reason" Rather Excellently On 'The Graham Norton Show'

The worst thing you could do is forget that Katy B's Little Red album is out on February 10 (in the UK, though I'm told a US release is in the works, as well), and that it contains the unbelievably perfect synth ballad/dance gem "Crying For No Reason."

Katy hit up The Graham Norton Show last night for a performance of the track, and it was so on-point that I'm not entirely convinced she wasn't lip-syncing. Either way, the song is a 10, the staging was amazing and that's that.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger wpmsd said…

    That's a good song. I have to admit I had never heard of Katy B. And Graham Norton is a hoot. I've seen his shows with Madonna and Benedict Cumberbatch and he's a riot.

    You mentioned lip syncing, but I think all the hand wringing over it is WAY overblown. If it's a new song, I have no problem with someone lip syncing on a show. After all, they're trying to promote it and they want to put their best foot forward. If it's already a hit and has been played a million times on the radio/streaming, then, yeah, let's mix it up and do a live version so we can hear something new. But it's hardly the felony it's often made out to b.

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Robbie said…

    Very good point, wpmsd. I thought Katy's performance was visually stunning enough where it didn't really matter, anyway. I'm a sucker for red lights.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home