dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Kylie Minogue's "Into The Blue" Single Has A March Release Date, Album Forthcoming

I am so excited that Kylie is working with Ariel Rechtshaid, he of the knob-twiddling for Sky Ferreira's Night Time, My Time (have you picked this album up yet? Seriously — get to it already) and Grammy-nominated this year because of it. She has not, however, worked with Ariel on the lead single from her upcoming 12th studio album. "Into The Blue," instead, is said to be penned by Kelly Sheehan, notable, in my book at least, for being the engineer of Mariah Carey's most recent #1 single, 2008's "Touch My Body."

PopJustice has the press release scoop for Kylie's 2014 so far, and notes that "Into The Blue" will be out March 16, with an album to follow. Minogue also worked with Pharrell, Greg Kurstin, Metrophonic, Cutfather and MNEK, so it all sounds super promising.

Now, while we wait for March 16 to roll around, why not revisit MNEK's cover of one of my fave Kylie singles, "Put Yourself In My Place"?

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home