dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

It's George Michael's Cover Of Terence Trent D'Arby's "Let Her Down Easy"

So I didn't pay too much attention to Terence Trent D'Arby's third album Symphony Or Damn upon its release in 1993, though I did see him open for Duran Duran that summer in Cleveland, and, in, turn, most likely watched him perform the album's fourth single "Let Her Down Easy" (a #18 hit in the UK).

So now that George Michael has covered and premiered the song as the first single off his upcoming album Symphonica, I'm kind of smitten with it. George does an okay job, but Terence's version is truly amazing. (I say this, of course, after knowing the song for all of one day.)

Here's a preview of George's upcoming video for the track:

Labels: ,


  • At 10:33 AM, Anonymous James said…

    Had forgotten how absolutely fantastic TTD's voice was/is. George's version is good, then I listened to TTD's again; TTD's is so much better, to me. I wish both would put out new music. Just too much talent to be silent for so long.


Post a Comment

<< Home