dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Thursday, May 01, 2014

Ariana Grande's "Problem" Is Just Okay

Last year I had a big moment with Ariana Grande's breezy summer jam "Baby I," a single that worked its way onto playlists of mine through the fall. And since her Iggy Azalea-assisted "Problem" debuted on Sunday, I've been going back and forth on whether this sax trash is up to scratch or not.

Max Martin and Savan Kotecha, usually good barons of pop-making, are behind "Problem," so I'm inclined to swing toward "like" on the the fucks-to-give meter. And, naturally, it's been #1 on iTunes since like the second it was released.

I just can't shake the feeling, though, that "Problem" is going to wear out its welcome in about one more week.

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home