dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Sunday, November 16, 2014

UK Chart Roundup: The Veronicas Return To The Top 10 After A Seven Year Absence

Geez, you take two months off from writing about the UK singles chart, because it's become as utterly depressing as the US one, and, well, not much has changed.

I guess it's nice to see The Veronicas popping in at #8 this week with "You Ruin Me," the Aussie duo's first UK single to chart since 2007, when "Untouched" reached the same position. Just behind those broads is Sam Smith with his umpteenth (fifth) Top 10 single "Like I Can," which debuts at #9.

Actually, "Like I Can" is my favorite cut off Sam's album In The Lonely Hour, next to the Target-only bonus track "Reminds Me Of You."

Everything else? Sheer pussy.

The UK Top 10:

1. "Wake Me Up" - Gareth Malone's All Star Choir *new* *1 week*
2. "Thinking Out Loud" - Ed Sheeran
3. "Steal My Girl" - One Direction *new*
4. "I Don't Care" - Cheryl
5. "All About That Bass" - Meghan Trainor
6. "Outside" - Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding
7. "Real Love" - Tom Odell
8. "You Ruin Me" - Veronicas *new* 
9. "Like I Can" - Sam Smith *new*
10. "I'm Not The Only One" - Sam Smith

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home