dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Sunday, December 28, 2014

UK Chart Roundup: Alesso Is Kind Of A Piece

Am I bastard for not giving a flying fuck about "Uptown Funk"? I mean, I have zero feelings on this song. Am I missing something? I'm just going to choose to believe I'm not.



Moving on, Bowie-ripping "Heroes (We Could Be)", Alesso's pair-up with Tove Lo, gives the former a third Top 10 hit in the UK and the latter a second. The song goes into the chart at #6, the same position the Hippie Sabotage remix of Tove Lo's "Habits" peaked at earlier this year.

Fun fact: Alesso is 23 years old, while Tove Lo is 27. I guess that's not so fun, but it felt fun to type out while I'm drunk.

Happy holidays!

The UK Top 10:

1. "Uptown Funk" - Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars *2 weeks*
2. "Something I Need" - Ben Haenow
3. "Thinking Out Loud" - Ed Sheeran
4. "Blank Space" - Taylor Swift
5. "Up" - Olly Murs feat. Demi Lovato
6. "Heroes (We Could Be)" - Alesso feat. Tove Lo *new*
7. "All About That Bass" - Meghan Trainor
8. "These Days" - Take That
9. "Wrapped Up" - Olly Murs feat. Travie McCoy
10. "Outside" - Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home