dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

US Chart Roundup: Here Are A Bunch Of Asses

We've now reached the point in time where Taylor Swift and Meghan Trainor are tied for female with the most weeks at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 in 2014. Can you think of two more worthy artistes? Can you?

Meghan has the slight edge since she racked up all eight of those weeks with one song, "All About That Bass." Honestly, I think I'd rather nail my tongue to a piece of plywood and drill my eyeballs out of my head than ever hear that song again, so my goal is to at least make it to 2015 without doing so.

Taylor, whose "Blank Space" has been #1 for four weeks now, also had a four-week run with "Shake It Off."

Have a super depressing day!

The U.S. Top 10:

1. "Blank Space" - Taylor Swift *4 weeks*
2. "Take Me To Church" - Hozier
3. "All About That Bass" - Meghan Trainor
4. "Animals" - Maroon 5
5. "Uptown Funk" - Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars
6. "Shake It Off" - Taylor Swift
7. "I'm Not The Only One" - Sam Smith
8. "Lips Are Movin" - Meghan Trainor
9. "Jealous" - Nick Jonas
10. "Love Me Harder" - Ariana Grande feat. The Weeknd

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home