dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Watch Charli XCX & Rita Ora's Skin-Filled "Doing It" Video

I liked Charli XCX from the get-go. My favorite jam off her debut LP in 2013 was not one of the singles, but album track "Take My Hand." For a moment I liked "Fancy" last year, before it became pounded into all of our eardrums relentlessly. In 2012, her Icona Pop collab "I Love It" topped Chart Rigger's 10 Best Pop Singles roundup for that year. And I still like "Boom Clap."

All of that said, her Sucker album, released in December, has passed me by so far. I guess I'll chalk it up to being way too busy with holiday shit to take notice of it. (And given its #28 debut on the Billboard 200, and the fact that it quickly dropped after that, I guess I'm not alone there.)

At any rate, her video for "Doing It," now with Rita Ora slapped on the second verse, premiered today, and it's quite a fun visual that matches perfectly with an equally enjoyable song.

I don't really know what, if much Rita adds to the mix, but I guess it brings the whole Iggy/Charli/Rita thing full circle — so yay for that?

PS Love all the tits and ass in this vid, both male and female. We need more over the top sex to be added into pop music. Oh, wait...

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

<< Home