dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Danielle Jane Minogue Is Returning To Music!

2015 finally got interesting this week as news of Dannii Minogue's impending return to music was confirmed by none other than the Aussie pop queen herself! Next month Kylie's sister is scheduled to perform at Sydney Mardi Gras, along with Nick Jonas, Jake Shears and Betty Who. So basically this is going to be the musical comeback of the century.

“I’ve been wanting to do music for ages but something was holding me back,” D. Minogue said in a new Australian interview. “Now I feel really settled. I feel like I’m in a personal space where I can do it and it’s going to be fun. Physically I’m really well right now, I had all these health issues in the last few years, I just want to get out there and enjoy it. Mardi Gras makes sense. I just have to brush off the dust and get back out there.”

Dannii hasn't released a studio album since 2003's Neon Nights — which, in hindsight, is pretty much one of the finest pop classics of the new millennium. Some one-off singles, the 2006 Hits & Beyond collection, album reissues and umpteen stints on shows like The X Factor UK and Australia's Got Talent followed, but all Dannii's horde of faithful fans have wanted all these years is a new fucking album!

Anyway, in the interview, she goes on and on and on about Mardi Gras, then offers this non-answer about her plans for the rest of the year: "I have to make decisions on a lot of things but I don’t want to think of anything else except Mardi Gras right now."

That said, the writeup points out that she's been quietly recording music for two years: “When I used to sing when [my son] Ethan was really little he’d go ‘Mum, stop’ so I just didn’t sing. He’s only heard my new stuff, he’s in the know with all that. There’s a duet I’ve written that is really badass funky that he loves.”

Take a hike, Beyonce. You're about to be made irrelevant. 



Post a Comment

<< Home