dispatches from the pop scene...minus the corn syrup.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

UK Chart Roundup: Kylie's First Three Albums Re-Enter The Album Chart

In case you didn't know, the Cherry Red label, quite adept at whipping up reissued and remastered albums, recently put together some pretty impressive collectors' edition box sets for Kylie Minogue's four PWL albums: Kylie (1988), Enjoy Yourself (1989), Rhythm Of Love (1990) and Let's Get To It (1991).
Personally, if I'm to be honest, I bought all this stuff remastered back in 1999 (all the remixes) on those Aussie remix CDs that come in four volumes, and then again in 2009 when a huge slew of the PWL stuff was thrown onto iTunes. So at first I was all, fuck splashing out the $92 (yep, that's what the 59.99 pounds converts to, kids) for each of these box sets, PLUS the $77 for shipping...
...and then I started seeing all the photos people were tweeting when they received the box sets this past week (they were released on February 9), and feeling quite envious. I mean, the vinyl picture discs alone...!
So, yeah, I totally ordered the first two. And then I figure once I build up the courage to take a hacksaw and remove my left arm and sell it on the black market, I'll rake over the cash for Rhythm Of Love and Let's Get To It.
At any rate, Kylie re-entered the UK album chart this week at #85, while Enjoy Yourself went back in at #94 and Rhythm Of Love showed up again at #96.

Turn it into love, bitchface.

The UK Top 10:

1. "Love Me Like You Do" - Ellie Goulding *2 weeks*
2. "Take Me To Church" - Hozier
3. "Uptown Funk" - Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars
4. "Gravity" - DJ Fresh feat. Ella Eyre *new*
5. "FourFiveSeconds" - Rihanna, Kanye West & Paul McCartney 
6. "Ayo" - Chris Brown & Tyga *new*
7. "Thinking Out Loud" - Ed Sheeran
8. "Doing It" - Charli XCX feat. Rita Ora *new*
9. "The Nights" - Avicii
10. "Earned It" - The Weeknd

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

<< Home