US Chart Roundup: Wiz Khalifa's 'Furious 7' Hit Ends The Reign Of "Uptown Funk"
Wiz Khalifa is the one who manages to kick "Funk" to the curb, with his Charlie Puth-featuring Furious 7 soundtrack cut "See You Again." The movie itself is a smash, having raked in $803 million at the global box office ($255 million in the States alone) in just under two weeks. Wiz's "See You Again" video plays on viewers' emotions, as it's pretty heavy on the Paul Walker footage.
If you think that's the type of manipulative thing people don't want to see, then consider this: Yesterday afternoon when I checked the "See You Again" video on YouTube, it had 46 million views. (It's only been on the video-viewing site since April 6, by the way). This morning it's up to 52 million views.
Anyway, congrats, Wiz, on your second chart-topping single. Pittsburgh represent!
The U.S. Top 10:
1. "See You Again" - Wiz Khalifa feat. Charlie Puth *1 week*
2. "Uptown Funk" - Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars
3. "Sugar" - Maroon 5
4. "Trap Queen" - Fetty Wap
5. "Thinking Out Loud" - Ed Sheeran
6. "Earned It (Fifty Shades Of Grey)" - The Weeknd
7. "Love Me Like You Do" - Ellie Goulding
8. "G.D.F.R." - Flo Rida feat. Sage The Gemini & Lookas
9. "Shut Up And Dance" - Walk The Moon
10. "Style" - Taylor Swift